Ok so here is the Problem. My wifes iphone bugged out while changing theings from Customize and all the Icons are now hidden. ALL of them. i know this is a issue lots of had so i came here looking for a fix without her having to loose all contacts, notes and calender stuff by jsut restoring. I found that you can change one of the files in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

The problem i have is i can not use SSH to get into the phone because we turned SSH off with Services to save battery before the bug happened. So im stuck trying to do this with iphoneinterface as i have to connect it to my pc now.

So now im in iphoneinterface and when i try to upload the NEW file which is the M68AP.plist file that i grabbed somewhere on this forum it jsut crashes everytime.

this is what im doing

putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app M68AP.plist

is that the correct way to put a file in a DIR? i ask because it crashes no matter what the file or where i put it ULESSS i do like this

putfile M68AP.plist

but that only puts it in the main Directory not where i need it to be.

also when i try to do a rmdir command anywhere but the main directory it acts as if it deleted the file i choose but never actually does.

Please can anyone help me ?
    2007-11-07 01:40 AM
    http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/downloads/list.... download iphone browser, i take it your on 1.0.2??
    2007-11-07 02:35 AM
    thanks for helping

im on 1.1.1 but i did a little more research and found out that there is other things like what you posted. i went with iphonelist and it worked perfectly. i did not know there was anything but iphoneinterface

Wow that prog is 10000X better then the POS iphoneinterface.

Now i was reading about people installing Dock just in case this situation happens again. What exactly does Dock do tho ? i installed it and it jsut brings me to my contacts list
    2007-11-07 02:50 AM
    your command in iphoneinterface was off by one character lol...it would be
    Code:
    putfile /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    but as you found out there are GUI programs that make this easier and require less work lol.

dock puts a small sunburst in the bottom right corner of your screen. if you put your thumb on it and then move your thumb toward the center of the screen while holding your thumb down, it will bring up an arc of all your apps which you can then scroll between and select by lifting your thumb when the app you want to launch is selected. it's probably just launching contacts because dock lists your apps alphabetically and you are more than likely just tapping it, which is what i did at first too lol.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2007-11-07 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD