I've done jailbreak and SSH but WinSCP will not connect. What could I be doing wrong? Iphone Browser and other programs work great....just can't use WinSCP.
    2007-11-11 06:46 PM
    I've done jailbreak and SSH but WinSCP will not connect. What could I be doing wrong? Iphone Browser and other programs work great....just can't use WinSCP.
    Hmmm... bold doesn't make your question any clearer...

What password are you using? The PW for 1.1.1 isn't the same as 1.0.2

1.0.2 is dottie
    1.1.1 (and 1.1.2) is alpine
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette
    2007-11-11 06:50 PM
    i use WInSCP for my 1.1.1....the FIRST password is dottie...then the next password they ask for is alpine
    2007-11-11 07:17 PM
    i use WInSCP for my 1.1.1....the FIRST password is dottie...then the next password they ask for is alpine
    Huh? First password? There is only one password. You're entering the wrong password which is why it's asking you for a second one

Try editing your connection info and save it with just alpine and I'll bet you don't get asked for a second password

dottie was for 1.0.2 only

Once you upgraded to 1.1.1 the firmware password became alpine. There is no first or second password
    2007-11-11 07:21 PM
    I put in alpine and still can't connect. I even tried dottie as the user id and alpine as the password and its a no go. Did the port number change or anything?
    2007-11-11 08:08 PM
    I put in alpine and still can't connect. I even tried dottie as the user id and alpine as the password and its a no go. Did the port number change or anything?
    Are you sure you have SSH installed properly on the phone? As well as BSD subsystems?
    2007-11-11 08:12 PM
    If i'm in installer, BSD subsystems in listed on the "uninstall" section. So its definately installed. I ran sshify-windows.bat and followed the instructions. Also, I was able to get full root access on IphoneBrowser only after i ran sshify-windows.bat so it must have worked. Is there a new updated version of SSH for 1.1.1.?...thats the only thing I could think of.
    2007-11-11 08:19 PM
    Did you install community sources first then openssh through installer? openssh won't be available for install on installer if you didnt install community sources first.
    2007-11-11 09:17 PM
    Yep that was the trick. I installed community sources but not openssh through installer. Thank You. Love this forum.
    2007-11-11 09:49 PM
    Glad we can help you
    2007-11-11 10:15 PM
    hey guys i did everything what was stated here. i have openssh installed, bsd subsystem, community sources but still it doesn't work the winscp. i just want it to work to give permission as 0755 to some files. is there any other sotfware that i can use to give files as 0755 permssion. or just tell me how to make this work? thks
    2007-11-11 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD