You could try and use PuTTy, but it's a terminal so you'd have to know what commands you're using.

Or take the simple route and use iBrickr.
    2007-11-21 06:20 PM
    When I go to use iBrickr I can't seem to find where to put the ringtones. I was trying to use the mecca patch. So i tired them in the library/ringtone and then tried to rename but they wouldn't rename in ibrickr. So I added them with a space already and it still did not work. Once in there do I sync with itunes? Also is that the correct dir? Also I am using summerboard (might change it).
    2007-11-21 06:34 PM
    i brickr does not sync ringtones to 1.1.1...have you tried the sendasong.app it wiil sync ringtones for you!also back to ssh have you tried uninstalling openssh turn off then on then reinstalling then trying again,,also try iphonebrowser for dragin drop and filebrowsing via usb!!!!for ringtones!!
    2007-11-21 07:08 PM
    I got ibrickr to work for ringtones, the guide I was using said to put them in as .m4a and I just did .m4r restarted the iphone and it worked. And I got iphoneinterface to work, now I will try iphonebrowser (I haven't read anything about it yet). I also reinstalled ssh and it made no dif. I thought sendsong.app was for email songs to someone I guess i was wrong I will try that too. thanks for the help.

EDIT: sendsong.app is great, so easy to use I can't believe that I didn't use this before. I love it. The author should say in his description what it does a little better. I think most ppl would use his app, if they knew.
    Last edited by aiden1983; 2007-11-21 at 07:22 PM.
    2007-11-21 07:14 PM
    I got ibrickr to work for ringtones, the guide I was using said to put them in as .m4a and I just did .m4r restarted the iphone and it worked. And I got iphoneinterface to work, now I will try iphonebrowser (I haven't read anything about it yet). I also reinstalled ssh and it made no dif. I thought sendsong.app was for email songs to someone I guess i was wrong I will try that too. thanks for the help.

EDIT: sendsong.app is great, so easy to use I can't believe that I didn't use this before. I love it. The author should say in his description what it does a little better. I think most ppl would use his app, if they knew.
    glad you made some progress ^_^

i just noticed that my ssh stopped working all of a sudden. i'm on 1.1.2 and it was working at first and as of last night it decided it doesn't want to connect anymore. sendsong is a good app, but the songs HAVE to be .m4a format if you want to send them to ringtones...i prefer the mecca method myself.

anyway, if anyone figures out why ssh died all of a sudden, let me know lol
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2007-11-21 07:54 PM
    I have to to open winscp user name root password alpine put my ip address in and its saying connection failed connection timed out any ideas been try to change the sms ringtone for received sms have ssh open but my wirless is at homw has a password to get into it ? any ideas
    2008-01-12 08:03 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD