I'm just wondering if it's possible to find the string or whatever it is that tells the iPhone that the SMS memory is almost full. I have a 4G iPhone and i text heavily and I don't want to have to keep deleting my messages. I do it anyway, but it would be nice to not have to.

Thanks!
    2007-12-01 12:02 AM
    I dont think there is a allocated memory for SMS's. The way they have allocated for Applications.

Since all the SMS are stored in ONE .DB file which can be accessed via SQLlite, the file size and grow and grow as much it wants using the 7GB's of space provided.
    2007-12-01 10:55 AM
    are SMS's really that big though? I know i've got quite a few but even in iTunes, it doesn't show my phone full.
    2007-12-01 07:08 PM
    I dont think there is a allocated memory for SMS's. The way they have allocated for Applications.

Since all the SMS are stored in ONE .DB file which can be accessed via SQLlite, the file size and grow and grow as much it wants using the 7GB's of space provided.

That's incorrect. For some strange reason its limited. ( I believe its stored in the partition, even still it would be limited )
    2007-12-02 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD