I installed SSH on my iphone and WinSCP on my windows xp. Installing SSH on my phone was successful, but when i opened WinSCP on my computer I put in the iphone's ip address and the username: root & password: dottie And I set the file protocol to SCP. After 20 sec after pressing "login" I get an error message "Connection Timed Out". I've been working on this for a while and visited many blogs but am unable to find an answer. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help?!
    2007-08-10 10:32 PM
    I was getting that error earlier. From what I understand, it pretty much means the server isn't set up properly on your phone.

I'm not really a whiz at dos or unix, so mucking around with the command line took me 2 days to get the phone jailbroken, to get iPHUC to work and connect to it, and to get the SSH server running properly. Now it runs and i can use winSCP to connect to it.

I followed these instructions:
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php..._iPHUC_in_OS_X

I'm not sure if there is a way around this, or if anyone else even experience the same problem, but in iPHUC the commands for getting or putting files on the local side gave me a not found error. For whatever reason, iPHUC needed the whole path to the local file, (/Users/[USERNAME]/phonedmg/[FILE] and whathaveyou. Once I appended the full path I was able to use the commands given in the instructions to install SSH successfully.

From what I gather it's likely to be the case that any iPhone modding instructions might need a little adjustment depending on a user's particular setup. All this stuff is a little experimental, so there are going to be quirks.

Try installing SSH again. I had to restore the phone, rejailbreak it, and then install SSH again for it to work for me. Best of luck.
    2007-08-10 11:48 PM
    Thanks for your time, i will work on the project with the information you provided.
    2007-08-11 03:14 AM
    Thanks for your time, i will work on the project with the information you provided.
    are you using the true nate blog's ssh program?
    2007-08-11 08:38 AM
    Yes i am why do you ask?
    2007-08-11 05:37 PM
    well its pretty strait forward if you use nates, i have another question, are you on edge? because i couldnt connect to my iphone when it was in edge, i had to be on wifi.
    2007-08-11 07:52 PM
    Yes I turned wifi and always turn it on when i am at home.
    2007-08-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD