User Tag List

Ok, i searched the forums and couldn't find anything similar to this. I ran jailbreak and used iphoneinterface to upload ringtones to my iphone. I typed exit and all was well, the ringtones showed up in the sounds menu and all. When i went to sync up with itunes, the phone never showed up. Every time i use iphoneinterface, to be able to sync with itunes i have to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Does anyone know what the reason for this is? Is there a step i'm missing? I've looked at multiple tutorials for adding ringtones, all say the same thing and i'm sure i've followed every step correctly. Suggestions.. comments.. rants.. ? Thanks.
    2007-08-12 07:28 AM
    Ok, i searched the forums and couldn't find anything similar to this. I ran jailbreak and used iphoneinterface to upload ringtones to my iphone. I typed exit and all was well, the ringtones showed up in the sounds menu and all. When i went to sync up with itunes, the phone never showed up. Every time i use iphoneinterface, to be able to sync with itunes i have to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Does anyone know what the reason for this is? Is there a step i'm missing? I've looked at multiple tutorials for adding ringtones, all say the same thing and i'm sure i've followed every step correctly. Suggestions.. comments.. rants.. ? Thanks.
    when you reinstall jailbreak i highly suggest using iringtoner,manzana,andmy fav sshkit,using winscp i promise you will stop having that problem
    2007-08-12 07:38 AM
    did you when you went to system/library/lockdown and that stuff did you putfile services.plist in because you need to put that in for your phone to sync back with itunes
    2007-08-12 07:58 AM
    Thanks jjgsxr883, i'll definitely start doing that.

did you when you went to system/library/lockdown and that stuff did you putfile services.plist in because you need to put that in for your phone to sync back with itunes

^^ .. is that all that you have to do, type putfile services.plist? do i need to first copy anything onto my computer to be able to do that?
    2007-08-12 05:39 PM
    i'm having the same exact problem... but i havn't tried the reinstalling itones thing yet to sync.... the services.plist instructions are in one of the other forums somewhere... i did that and i still cannot sync to my itunes . I'll try reinstalling it like you. Does that fix it for good so long as you don't run iphoneinterface anymore??
    2007-08-19 05:14 AM
    reinstalling itunes makes it so that it will sync again ( i only ended up reinstalling itunes and rebooting about 10 times total) now i just use the ssh mod with WinSCP and don't worry about iphoneinterface or anything like that.. works like a charm! no more sync problems.
    2007-08-20 07:26 AM
    now i just use the ssh mod with WinSCP and don't worry about iphoneinterface or anything like that.. works like a charm! no more sync problems.

I'm not familiar with this method... is it discussed somewhere on this forum or in the guides... the only thing ive used is jailbreak and iphoneinterface
    2007-08-21 02:49 AM
    Yes you should follow the Installing SSH guide and the SFTP guide.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-21 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD