Hey everyone,

I cant seem to get any custom ringtones working on my iphone. here's the spec:

UK iPhone
    1.1.2 Unlocked
    iBrickr on Windows PC

I've installed roms for my new emulator all fine, but cannot seem to get any ringtones appearing on my iPhone - even though they appear on my iBrickr file listing.

Just out of interest, i'm also having problems with "Creating Ringtones" on iTunes, it gives an error message after briefly trying to load what seems like a Ringtone Create panel at the bottom of the application window.

Please help
    So many apps.. so little time!
    2007-12-27 10:59 PM
    Well with a 1.1.2 phone you cannot use iBrickr to simple upload ringtones, that method no longer works on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 phones, now the Ringtones must be done through iTunes or using other applications like SendSong or iToner, etc.

You can however do the iBrickr part IF YOU APPLY the MeCCA patch file, this file is what controls the authentication of the ringtones and wont let you play custom ringtones like you were able in the past, the patched version of it basically clears those bits and allows Ringtones to be played from the /Library/Ringtones folder again like before in 1.02. So best best would be to just get the MeCCA 1.1.2 file, its available on here and many other sites, just overwrite your existing one (after backing up your original one of course) and you done.

Dixit
    2007-12-29 08:36 AM
    Sorted the problem out.

A number of thiungs you have to make sure you do if your on a 1.1.2 and UK phone:

1) The iTunes Ringtone feature doesnt seem to work in the UK, it just gives an error message.
    2) iBrickr doesnt work with 1.1.2 when trying to upload ringtones. It does work however when playing about with Roms.

So.

3) use iPhoneBrowser to manage your files on later firmware iPhones
    4) Drop your ringtone into iTunes and convert it to AAC and then move it out of iTunes onto your desktop
    5) then... (the key part) change the file extension of the song from "m4a" to "m4r". This is what i was doing wrong. If you cant see the file extension, open a Windows Explorer > Organise > Folder & Search Options > View > Unselect "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" and change the file extension as mentioned
    6) Open iPhoneBrowser and drop the file into your Ringtones folder on your iPhone.

7) Get someone to ring you
    So many apps.. so little time!
    2007-12-29 01:50 PM
    Hi
    could you just explain how to change file nameas no file type is shown,
    i thought i had it but still no ringtones
    thanks in advance
    Wilky

unlocked uk iphone v1.12
    2007-12-29 05:00 PM
    on windoze xp go to my computernthen at the top of page click tools,
    then click on view and scroll down to hidden files and folders and make sure that the hide Extensions For Known File Types is NOT got a tick next to it,apply then ok,now go change that file name to m4r!!
    2007-12-30 12:17 AM
    thanks for the help, all working fine
    Top forum
    Wilky
    2007-12-30 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD