Well, I have been wanting to change the buttons on my phone for when people call me. But for some reason, when I got the buttons off of the phone, the .PNG's couldn't be read on Photoshop or in the Windows picture viewer. If someone could convert these so that I could edit them or if you would like to edit them for me, that would be great.

If you are wanting to edit it for me, I would like the decline to say "omg stfu" and the accept to say "oh hilo"

I know, I know .. I'm a nerd.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2007-08-14 04:07 AM
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php..._FixPngDroplet

If only you had OS X.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-14 07:46 AM
    For some reason, when I try to extract the Droplet utility to my desktop, it gives me a log of errors, and then puts an empty folder on my desktop.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2007-08-14 07:57 AM
    Well, I have been wanting to change the buttons on my phone for when people call me. But for some reason, when I got the buttons off of the phone, the .PNG's couldn't be read on Photoshop or in the Windows picture viewer. If someone could convert these so that I could edit them or if you would like to edit them for me, that would be great.

If you are wanting to edit it for me, I would like the decline to say "omg stfu" and the accept to say "oh hilo"

I know, I know .. I'm a nerd.
    What are the file names of the Answer/Decline buttons? I might be able to help you out.
    2007-08-14 07:12 PM
    Answer.png and Decline.png ... they're in the TelephonyUI folder.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2007-08-15 11:59 PM
    For some reason, when I try to extract the Droplet utility to my desktop, it gives me a log of errors, and then puts an empty folder on my desktop.
    Same here. Poetic folly???
    2007-08-16 09:56 AM
    Do you guys have libpng installed? And what version of OS X are you running?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-08-17 12:34 AM
    XP Home.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2007-08-17 12:56 AM
    Well, i've noticed that this happens to almost all (if not, all) the pngs on the phone. you can simply rename the original file on the phone to xx.png.bak and replace the icon with your newly created icon.
    2007-08-17 02:25 AM
    But I want to mod the stock icons.

By the way, does fixpngdroplet only work on OS X? Maybe that's the problem. I am running Vista.
    2007-08-17 03:18 AM
    I know that you can replace it, but I want the original icons so I can edit them. If someone with a mac could convert them for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Or just edit them with the text I wanted would be super, too!

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    2007-08-17 03:20 AM
    I know that you can replace it, but I want the original icons so I can edit them. If someone with a mac could convert them for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Or just edit them with the text I wanted would be super, too!
    See if this download helps you. It helped me! Good luck!
    2007-08-17 04:37 AM
    i need the original answer and decline images can you help me plzz and attach them
    2009-01-12 04:57 PM
    Answer.png and Decline.png ... they're in the TelephonyUI folder.

these are not the correct buttons, they are just the little white handset icons.

You need to edit the `General.strings` in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/English.lproj

change the <string>Answer</string> to <string>oh hilo</string>
    and <string>Decline</string> to <string>omg stfu</string>

this will give this:

if you`re using windows,and want to convert .png files to edit, search for "fixpngwindows"

This lets you convert easily making .png files editable.

Last edited by mopplecrump; 2009-01-12 at 06:22 PM.
    2009-01-12 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD