I was tryign to set up my phone so that I could access the music through wifi. In the process, I had manzana open in a seperate window for no good reason while workign in ssh. Somehow in the process I accidentally deleted a folder through manzana bu I have no idea which folder. After that, when I hit buttons on the phone, the app woudl open and then close within a second or so with the exception of the phone. I figured I woudl try to restore but itunes wouldnt' recognize the phone so i figured I would go for recovery. I turned the phone off but recovery mode never kicked in even after holding the buttons for almost 5 minutes. When I hit the power button now, the apple screen comes up as if it were going to load. Instead, then it flashes off and starts over again repeating this over and over. So did I destroy my phone or is there any hope for it? THink I would have any luck getting it replaced by an apple store if i take it in?

edit: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...t=MOV01782.flv link to video of what the phone does, sorry but it's fairly large (16 mb) and only 12 seconds or so on a crappy cybershot
    Last edited by curt2121; 2007-08-17 at 10:43 AM.
    2007-08-17 10:40 AM
    I was tryign to set up my phone so that I could access the music through wifi. In the process, I had manzana open in a seperate window for no good reason while workign in ssh. Somehow in the process I accidentally deleted a folder through manzana bu I have no idea which folder. After that, when I hit buttons on the phone, the app woudl open and then close within a second or so with the exception of the phone. I figured I woudl try to restore but itunes wouldnt' recognize the phone so i figured I would go for recovery. I turned the phone off but recovery mode never kicked in even after holding the buttons for almost 5 minutes. When I hit the power button now, the apple screen comes up as if it were going to load. Instead, then it flashes off and starts over again repeating this over and over. So did I destroy my phone or is there any hope for it? THink I would have any luck getting it replaced by an apple store if i take it in?

edit: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...t=MOV01782.flv link to video of what the phone does, sorry but it's fairly large (16 mb) and only 12 seconds or so on a crappy cybershot
    yeah thats about all you can do.
    2007-08-17 11:33 AM
    yeah thats about all you can do.
    Thank you. Off to the apple store in the morning then. Today was just not my day I guess between 8am mcat and then brickign the phone
    2007-08-17 11:35 AM
    make sure its connected and itunes is open and then hold home and hold
    2007-08-17 11:40 AM
    make sure its connected and itunes is open and then hold home and hold
    You, good sir, are my hero of the day. Crisis has been averted. Waiting for the restore, synch, and addign ringtones, nes, and voice recorder again while watchign goldfinger in the comfort of my chair is much better than driving 45 minutes each way to the apple store tomorrow. Thank you again
    2007-08-17 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD