Okay, my phone had been running 1.1.4 for awhile, perfectly fine, jailbroken and such. However, I decided to update to 2.0.1, and after restoring the phone, I wanted to restore the backup also, of all my settings, but it gave me the dreaded (and mysterious) error:

-iTunes could not restore the iPhone because on an unknown error (-19)

Lots of googling turned up nothing. Any fixes?
    2008-09-05 01:25 AM
    hi, im a new member, can you tell me how could i transfer my downloaded files from modmyi to me iphone?
    2008-09-05 01:28 AM
    error 19...it seems like the fix it to restore again...unplug the phone, reboot the computer, run itunes again and restore. try that.

hi, im a new member, can you tell me how could i transfer my downloaded files from modmyi to me iphone?
    first of, your phone has to be jailbroken to do this.
    And to transfer files that you had downloaded from this site, you would need to learn how to SSH....you can do a search on this site for SSH...read up and learn how to use it. Good Luck.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-09-05 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-05 02:09 AM
    Fixed it by unplugging and replugging the phone. Now I feel bad for spending so much time looking for a fix o.O
    2008-09-05 03:00 AM
    hi, i got a 1st gen iphone, the oldest version, unlocked, how could i bring back the installer to the home screen? pls help
    2008-09-08 05:49 PM
    Okay, my phone had been running 1.1.4 for awhile, perfectly fine, jailbroken and such. However, I decided to update to 2.0.1, and after restoring the phone, I wanted to restore the backup also, of all my settings, but it gave me the dreaded (and mysterious) error:

-iTunes could not restore the iPhone because on an unknown error (-19)

Lots of googling turned up nothing. Any fixes?
    i have the exact same issue
    114 works great
    but i could just not leave it alone
    now itune is saying unknown error occured(1603)
    any help?
    2008-09-09 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD