Not sure if this has been posted yet or not...

On the bottom of the locked screen is the slider bar. The text that says "Slide to Unlock" (or whatever you've changed it to) has an illumination that rolls through it. When you change the color of that illumination it makes a really neat effect.

I made several copies of that .png in different colors with photoshop and I'll attach them here.

The file is located here...
    /System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png
    Attached Images bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_blue.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_green.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_orange.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_pink.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_red.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_yellow.png 
    2007-09-02 02:21 AM
    Sweet, I just replaced it and it looks nice. Fits in very nice with the red letters up top...
    2007-09-02 06:11 AM
    Yeah, I changed mine to blue like 2 months ago
    Looks nice with a blue slider.
    2007-09-04 11:42 PM
    Good looking out...I've been trying to find some replacements for a min....i dont have all the good software to make all these .png's....thanks again....Hey maybe you can, if you have time make a battery icon replaced by a blunt starting fresh and then lights and burns down as the battery drains...that would be off the chain...I would come to wherever you live and cut your grass....LOL
    2007-09-06 06:26 AM
    recently I saw someone that had a textmask that made the "Slide to Unlock" disappear. I don't know if he just matched the background or what but it looked great!

Would love to find one that did that
    2007-09-27 11:37 PM
    What is the .png for the top bar background slider when you go to turn off the iphone? Or are the bottom and top the same image and cannot be set different? Thanks
    2007-09-28 04:36 AM
    the above image is for Slide to Unlock, Answer, and Power Off (yes, they are all the same)
    2007-09-28 02:34 PM
    How can these images be added into Customize? I change the looks of my phone, what seems like, every other day, so it makes things a lot easier to switch.

Never mind. I now see that all the image folders are listed under /private/var/root/library/customize
    Last edited by hauler34; 2007-09-28 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-28 04:30 PM
    can you make a maroon one?
    2007-10-15 10:50 PM
    can you make a maroon one?
    In my attachments
    Attached Images bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask.png 
    2008-03-31 07:40 PM
    I deleted the file bottombarlocktextmask.png and replaced it bottombarlocktextmask_ORANGE.png ( from MotoGreg's photoshop collection ) but now illumination that rolls through the "unlock text" is GONE! Please help. Thanks.
    2008-04-05 04:30 PM
    The file MUST be "bottombarlocktextmask.png", not "bottombarlocktextmask_ORANGE.png" !
    2008-04-05 05:23 PM
    The file MUST be bottombarlocktextmask.png or else it won't work.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button
    2008-04-05 05:30 PM
    He,

I created some a few more colors for the bottombarlocktextmask.png file!
    They aren't just one color but more in one so check it out!
    I used Adobe photoshop...

Jonas T
    Attached Images bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_mix.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_blueyellow.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask_rainbow.png 
    2008-04-06 08:55 PM
    wow moto that green one works great
    thanks a lot
    2008-04-15 06:46 AM
    okay so i made all of these for yall and for me lol
    so u will have to rename one or 3 of them lol, to set them as the new one
    Attached Thumbnails bottombarlocktextmask.png-wallpaper.png  
    Attached Images bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobgray.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobgreen2.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobgreen3.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobgreen.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobred2.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarknobred.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask2.png bottombarlocktextmask.png-bottombarlocktextmask3.png 
    2008-04-18 07:18 PM
    HELP! TelephonyUI.framework<--- missing in my system i tried looking for it in /System/Library/Frameworks/ i cant find it so i cant change the color of my slider =( is there anyone who can help me on this matter pls! thank you!
    2008-10-22 02:53 AM
    could someone please let me know now where to place this file?

TelephonyUI.framework is missing in my system. This is a pretty old thread, i'm assuming it moved somewhere else with the latest firmware. Thanks for the help
    2009-04-28 01:38 PM
    just place these 2 folders into a theme & add the mask.png into framework folder
    Folders/TelephonyUI.framework/
    2009-07-26 12:13 PM
    Can you make a gold color ? Im a noob with photoshop :/

Thanks !
    2009-10-14 07:03 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD