i ibrickd my phone and now when it starts up it just keeps rebooting intself....how do i get it to stop doing that and just work again....please help
    2007-09-09 02:42 AM
    No need to keep creating threads... Folks won't know which to reply to.
    2007-09-09 02:49 AM
    well no one on here seems to care much on how to help newbees like myself on how to fix certain problems or how to even mod them correctly
    2007-09-09 03:09 AM
    good idea would be not to blame others for your brickd phone..

Did you try to reboot it in the safe mode? where it asks you to please connect to itunes?
    2007-09-09 03:19 AM
    yea ive done that and it loads up but when it restores on itunes thats where it fails and keeps rebooting up
    2007-09-09 03:25 AM
    what version of itunes? 7.4, 7.4.1?
    2007-09-09 03:26 AM
    2007-09-09 03:28 AM
    my only advice is trying to find itunes 7.3 and try restoring from there.

if that doesnt work then I am clueless, well im pretty clueless anyways but I could only imagine your panic right now.
    2007-09-09 03:30 AM
    2007-09-09 03:31 AM
    i have windows

umm ok thanx well its still not working and i dont know what the hell to do
    Last edited by mayan_warrior84; 2007-09-09 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-09 03:39 AM
    Ok, let's start at the beginning. In your original thread, you said you jailbreaked the phone. Please describe EXACTLY how you did this, and what else you did to the phone after having gone through the jailbreak process. Please be as complete as possible.

You also said above that the restore fails in iTunes. Are you getting an error message in iTunes, or does iTunes think that the phone restored properly?

I know you're running Windows, but if you have access to a Mac, this thread might help: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497
    Last edited by Jimbo; 2007-09-09 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-09 05:52 AM
    i ran jailbreak, then as it restarted it just began to reboot i am using the new itunes is that why my phone wont reboot all the way?

i am getting no error message in itunes it loads all the way but as soon as my phone reboots it goes into the endless loop
    Last edited by mayan_warrior84; 2007-09-09 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-09 06:12 AM
    Something odd happened with my reply above, I actually had posted two replies but they were merged, so you may have missed the 2nd bit of info.

A Mac fix is available for this:
    I know you're running Windows, but if you have access to a Mac, this thread might help: http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497
    I'm still looking for any similar Windows fix, but it might take the developers a bit longer to catch up. Basically, it sounds like older jailbreak tools don't work after iTunes 7.4.x has updated the phone. Many apps are in the process of being updated, from the sound of this.

Are you able to power down the phone at all? I saw in another of your threads that it sounded like it was starting to overheat?
    2007-09-09 06:21 AM
    no i cant power it down all i can do is keep getting it into restore mode and thats it and yes its over heating
    2007-09-09 06:29 AM
    Ugh. OK, I'm not seeing a fix online for Windows yet, and if you can't get to a Mac, the priority here will be to help keep the phone cool until the battery finally gives out.

If you have a small desk fan, prop the phone so that it has airflow around it and let the fan hit the back case. Failing that, resting the phone on a cool metal surface should draw some of the heat away.

Worst case you could sit it in your fridge, which would be above the iPhone's normal operating limit of 32 degrees F, but you might have a condensation issue when you finally take it back out, so I'd only try that as a last resort.
    2007-09-09 06:41 AM
    it only happend as soon as i loaded up the new itunes....and it sucks because i really need my phone right now ....ive been restoring it for the past 3 or 4 hours and nothing and i tried to down grade itunes but i get an error when i try and open the old version of itunes that the ituneslibrary.dll orr ll sumthin like that wont load because it was loaded by a newer version
    2007-09-09 06:45 AM
    Same problem here. I restored my phone with itunes 7.4 because summerboard screwed up my iphone. The restore worked fine until I tried to jailbreak it. It seemed to work but really didn't so I thought I would try restoring and trying again. This time the iphone would not reboot but got stuck in a loop.
    I completely uninstalled iTunes and installed 7.3. Then I did a restore but still no luck. You can turn it off though if you hold the home and power buttons atthe same time for 10 seconds or so.

I'm going to take my phone back to the apple store tommorow if no one can come up with a fix by then.

Do not jailbreak your phone after an iTunes 7.4 restore or you will get stuck with a really expensive brick.

I tried restoring on a computer that never had itunes 7.4 installed but still no luck.
    Last edited by kelmk; 2007-09-09 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-09 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD