Hey guys,

I'm totally new to the whole iPhone hacking world. I'm trying to modify everything and pretty much every tutorial I see, the people are using Windows SCP to function, so I downloaded it, but I can't get past the login screen, and I'm not sure I understand it. Can anyone give me a rundown of this? I'd appreciate it!

Becky
    2009-02-28 04:47 AM
    have you installed openSSH? Found in cydia
    Host name = your iPhones ip address
    Username: root
    Password: alpine
    port: 22

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

oh and Welcome to MMi
    2009-02-28 04:56 AM
    Well, I found that, and have been working with it- I entered all of the information you put in here, but it keeps telling me that the connection has timed out.
    2009-02-28 05:14 AM
    if its winscp just wait. dont hit the abort button. let it keep going. then a window will pop up about the token key or something and hit yes...then youll be fine.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-28 05:19 AM
    Im having the same problem but it just keeps timing out. It might be that I cant find BSD in installer! I dont even know where to begin since its not in cydia or installer
    2009-02-28 05:31 AM
    Im having the same problem but it just keeps timing out. It might be that I cant find BSD in installer! I dont even know where to begin since its not in cydia or installer
    Are you really still on 1.1.4
    BSD subsystems in in installer

Well, I found that, and have been working with it- I entered all of the information you put in here, but it keeps telling me that the connection has timed out.
    Try this
    type your iPhone IP address.

Don't fill in anything else, and press login.

It might say something about a cache, just read the message, and press whichever one continues with the process.

Now it'll ask for a username and password.

Username: root
    Password: alpine
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-28 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-28 05:39 AM
    Can other people access my iphone through this? I would gladly give someone (that knew what they were doing) permission to do this. For some reason, whenever I turn on my phones wifi, it kicks the server here at the school down, so nobody has internet on that network and I don't have it on my phone either. Not sure what the problem is. I usually have 30 seconds before it shuts down the wifi and I have to trek through the snow to restart the thing... Anyone have a clue why it does that?
    2009-02-28 06:00 AM
    no only people on you local network.
    Try this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-100-free.html it connect through your usb cable, But you should still learn how to FSTP... someday
    It just might be your schools network not allowing you to connect
    Cheers
    2009-02-28 06:11 AM
    OK- I have diskaid, but I'm still clueless. Where do I go from there?
    2009-02-28 06:29 AM
    it depends on what you want to do.
    2009-02-28 04:55 PM
    Well, I want to customize my slider. Make my own and stick it in there. The slider, the text and the background of the slider.
    2009-02-28 08:42 PM
    my iphone is 2.2 but I have no idea what version of installer I have. How can I find out? and if it is to old a version, how can I upgrade? (PS) I tried what you told the other person about just putting in IP address only and wait but that didnt work either. Still times out) I put it to longer than 15 seconds time out but it still times out around 15 seconds

OK, it says its "intaller 4.0" Ripdev. firmware 2.2
    Last edited by FIESTAFROG; 2009-03-01 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-01 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD