Hi all,
    I have a strange issue with iPhone3G when connecting to Windows XP SP2. Previously I was using it with iTunes without problems. Now I cannot see it in the application.

1. I connect the phone to the PC - it finds it as a camera device.
    2. I check device manager - it is set as camera device instead of USB device as it should be.
    3. iTunes does not find the phones - reinstalled it and same happened. Restarting the application, windows or the phone is not helping.
    4. Bonjour service is up and running.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to help.
    2009-03-09 09:50 PM
    Under Taskmanager--->Processes..
    Do you see AppleMobileDeviceHelper,AppleMobileDeviceService, and iPodService running?
    2009-03-17 03:49 PM
    I actually fixed it somehow. Reinstalled once more iTunes and applied the last updates, which requires iPhone FW 2.2 to be fully compatible, but anyway.

So I can now see my phone device in iTunes although Windows still recognizes it as a camera devices, an AppleUSB device is also in device manger, which suits me fine and iTunes too.

AppleMobileService was up and running while experienced the problem. Anyway I didn't get what had caused it and what had fixed it, but now all seems fine. So some kind of logging will be very very useful.

Thanks to all that tried to help
    2009-03-18 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD