Hi all..
    just did the ZiPhone2.5 upgrade to my 1.0.2 and it WORKED! yea! I'm one happy camper.

but I do have a problem in the iPhoneBrowser.1.5.2 (the latest one) no longer "sees" the iPhone. It continues to say that my iPhone is "connected but not jailbroken" - but it's up and running fine. Cellphone (Rogers) works perfectly, as does Safari, UTube etc. etc. ALL things work, including Summerboard and even iSolitaire (dont ask!)

anyways, the "restore" in iTunes did bring back all my contacts and calendar items, my notes etc....but not ONE of my pictures was restored. No real probs with that as I used iPhoneBrowser like an hour ago to manually grab all of them - and now I can't use the app to put them back onto the iPhone. Same for iBricker too...says the iPhone "needs" to be jailbroken - but I'm loathe to try that....as all else is fine.

a quick google on this reveals no hits at all for probs using 1.1.4 and either iPhoneBrowser or iBricker...

anyone offer help here? what app do I then need to use to look after my own manual backups etc.

whoops - I'm a windows guy - dont own macs nor do I actually use iTunes as I keep no music on the iPhone itself...but I would like to u/l some ringtones to use....

???

Jim
    2008-03-11 10:08 PM
    Congrats on ur jailbreak! Now u have to add i.unlock.no to installer (Sources>edit>add...Done>refresh) then install Ziphone Ibrickr fix thats it! it'll work for iphonebrowser & Ibrickr.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
    2008-03-12 02:39 AM
    Just did that...and then plugged back in the iPhone, started iBricker and nope, still says that the iPhone ain't jailbroken. Then tried the iPhoneBrowser.1.5.2 - and while it can "see" the ringtones - I can't do anything with that app either...says the iPhone still isn't jailbroken.

Oh, do I need to go to iTunes and sync or some such 'other' task after using the ZiPhone iBricker install?

Jim
    2008-03-12 03:04 PM
    just tried the whole uninstall - reinstall again for the ZiPhone iBricker fix, and when I start iBricker, it continues to say that the phone needs to be jailbroken...

sigh...anyone know how to get an app that WILL work on Windows to allow me to get to the files....wanna delete a bunch of ringtones, copy my address book etc. etc.....

Jim
    2008-03-14 03:23 PM
    I'm having the same problem. i found a workaround somewhere, the one where you replace the services.plist but when I do this itunes copies music to the wrong location.

um yeah. i'm sorry I dont have link for you but since you dont need or want music, just ringtones, try searching this folder for services.plist.

basically what you are gonna do is load it into one of the sandbox folder (The ones you can see) with iphonebrowser. then you install the app MobileFinder on your phone. You use this Finder to replace the modded services.plist with the original one (again, sorry I dont have a link to this tut. but it on this forum somewhere).

I tried this method and it makes iphonebrowser work, however I cannot get itunes to sync to the correct folder after doing this. shouldn't be a problem if you dont want ipod functionality though.
    2008-03-19 07:42 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday, and I fixed the issue by instead of jailbreaking to 1.1.4 from 1.1.2 with ZiPhone, I jailbroke with iPlus.
    2008-03-19 09:05 PM
    and my own answer was to simply re-run ZiPhone2.5 all over again....and now both iPhoneBrowser and iBricker run fine!

:-)

Jim
    2008-03-19 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD