I'm trying to connect to my iphone using winscp I got to this part
    "hostname = ip address of your iphone on the wifi"
    I don't have wifi at my house to connect to and see no way of obtaining the ip address...Is winscp only done through wifi? Can I somehow use SSH to get the ip address?

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11
    2007-09-21 03:43 AM
    You are gonna need WiFi, yah.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-21 05:12 AM
    oh that really blows.

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11
    2007-09-21 10:54 PM
    You can do it on any wifi access, i usually do it at my universities wifi while im in my class
    2007-09-21 11:54 PM
    What do you mean exactly? Like run winscp on your home computer and connect to your university's wifi?then you can access your computer through the iPhone?

2007-09-22 02:14 AM
    no... you're going to need to be on the same WiFi as your iPhone... if you have a laptop you could just take it to starbucks... or drive around, someone's bound to have an unsecured WiFi in your town. And WinSCP is more too access your iPhone from a computer rather than the computer from the iPhone.
    2007-09-22 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD