Hi guys,,, I dropped my phone yesterday from about 4 feet high, it was a nice little drop... came home, plugged it into the wall, and woke up this morning with a 10% battery warning and it was hot as HELLLLLLLLLLL. Now I'm scared it wont charge anymore so I plugged it into my comp and backed it up.. Is this the end of my iphone's life? Any guide to check the battery connections to see if one of the cables got disconnected? Should I go back to the store? Will they shoot me down when they see summerboard?!?!?? ahhh soo many questions, so little time.

Thanks guys

-Mat.
    2007-09-27 04:41 PM
    Do a restore of your phone and bring it to the store or call apple. Try to avoid saying you dropped it if possible.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep
    2007-09-27 04:49 PM
    Perfect explanation. It takes 10 minutes to re-mod your phone nowadays. Restore your phone, and then take it to get it fixed.

Reako
    2007-09-27 04:54 PM
    thanks guys... ill see if it self fixes if not then ill do that.. prob is that you can SEE i dropped it :/
    2007-09-27 07:46 PM
    Some people have reported success with taking back physically damaged phones, but the level of customer service has ranged quite a bit depending on what store you are at. Most people have the best luck going through the apple service over the phone then taking it to apple after CS enters a note on your account or the store to read.

I'd likely say something to the effect of "at one point I have dropped it, but it didn't affect it at the time. This just seemed to come on all of a sudden".

....which seems perfectly accurate since it worked fine when you picked it up and a day later you noticed a problem.
    2007-09-27 08:55 PM
    i dropped my phone and now it wont charge...
    i plug it in to my mac and it says 'the usb device is drawing too much power'? wtf? so now i cant charge, cant restore, cant bring it in cuz im on tmobile. anything i could do?
    2007-09-27 09:02 PM
    take it apart and find out what is touching inside from the drop. Got a ding? It is likely at that spot if so.
    2007-09-27 09:12 PM
    started working on its own again...
    2007-09-28 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD