Hi, i was wondering if there was a way to backup the contacts on my iPhone. If i wanted to restore my iPhone, i don't want to type every single contact back into my phone.
    2007-09-27 07:02 PM
    if you have a mac then it syncs your contacts with your address book automatically, if you dont then you should get a mac
    I am the MacBook Pro
    2007-09-27 07:49 PM
    yea, when you sync with itunes it saves them into your address book on a mac or into outlook on pc.

if you want, though, and you can ssh installed on your phone, you can copy this folder:

/var/root/Library/AddressBook

if you copy that folder from your phone and store it on your computer, you can just copy it back to your iphone if you do restore and it doesn't sync them for some reason(i prefer to do it this way, because i hate outlook lol). you can also have backup copies of your sms messages, photos, music, and everything else this way(though the music will take awhile to copy if you have a lot, and isn't in a format that you can listen to anywhere except on the iphone)
    2007-09-27 07:58 PM
    Thanks a lot! it worked perfectly!
    2007-09-28 08:23 AM
    Hello. I would like to know how can i restore a backup that itunes did a while ago but without itunes in the way. Because the last time i restore my data (contacts, sms, photos) with itunes, i got some kind of error with my music library (was shown as "Other files" uploaded in my blank iphone). Thanks a lot in advance.
    2007-12-28 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD