I recently purchased a new PC and want to move my Itunes to it. Maybe I shouldn't say move. I should say setup?
    I have a jail-broken Iphone 3GS and want to use it on the new PC. It's easy to just copy the music over and point itunes to the new folder but i am worried about my backups.

Any information will be a great help

Thanks

M
    2012-03-24 04:32 PM
    I recently purchased a new PC and want to move my Itunes to it. Maybe I shouldn't say move. I should say setup?
    I have a jail-broken Iphone 3GS and want to use it on the new PC. It's easy to just copy the music over and point itunes to the new folder but i am worried about my backups.

Any information will be a great help

Thanks

M
    Easiest way.. Install iTunes on your new pc, set that up as normal & all...

Then on your old pc, click on start (or the windows logo) & enter

%appdata%\Apple Computer\

Copy the folder iTunes to the same place on your new pc using the same path.
    2012-03-24 04:39 PM
    So the folder 'itunes' contains all of the data that I am concerned with? I can locate the Itunes folder and move it no problem. Thanks

Mark
    2012-03-24 05:12 PM
    So the folder 'itunes' contains all of the data that I am concerned with? I can locate the Itunes folder and move it no problem. Thanks

Mark
    It contains software updates, update logs etc etc...

Backups... Depends on what version of windows it's on & what version your moving it to as to where it is located & should be put. Let me know & I can point you in the right direction.
    2012-03-24 05:19 PM
    itunes 10 on windows XP moving to most current itunes on windows 7

Thanks!
    2012-03-26 12:03 PM
    So on your XP machine, the backups will be in

%appdata%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\

Copy the folder backup (This is where all backups are located)

On the windows 7 machine, you'll want to enter

%appdata%\Apple Computer\

Create the folder MobileSync (Don't believe it'll exsist if you've not done any syncs yet), & then drop the Backup folder inside this.
    2012-03-26 12:41 PM
    after these <Right click> on your iDevice under DEVICES section and do:

1.Transfer Purchases
    2. BackUp
    3. Sync
    2012-03-30 11:14 AM
    You might try the Microsoft migration tool should be on your windows 7 machine can be installed on XP google it.

Bestman50
    2012-08-21 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD