User Tag List

I was trying to fix my customize app and i think ive messed up something with my iphone, wondering if anyone has seen this error before or know away or procedure to reset back to normal..

Everytime i go to into my applications folder this is the error i keep getting.

Error listing directory '/private/var/Applications'

No such file or directory.
    Error code: 2
    Error message from server: No such file
    Request code: 11

Can anyone help, im kinda lost here
    2008-03-24 04:24 AM
    Same problem here.

1.1.4/BL4.6 OOTB, used iLiberty v1.3.0.113 for jailbreak, activation, downgrade BL to 3.9FB, and unlock BB 04.04.05_G.
    I have tried various options (Cydia / Installer & BSD subsystem).

I really don't think that I messed anything up, since it's a brand new phone and I have tried it a couple of times from a fresh restored 1.1.4. I rather think it must be a bug in iLiberty+

I guess I fixed it... it must have something to do with moving the Applications folder (to save space) with a symlink, but in a sloppy way, making the Applications folder invisible.

The trick that helped me is to redo the symlink (cf. http://www.iphonestalk.com/how-to-fi...y-iphone-apps/), and to (re)make the Applications folder using WinSCP itself.

Check: the original symlink does work 'half' in WinSCP when you click on it (and gives the error posted above), but it doesn't properly show up when you type

# cd /
    # ls -la

So I copied the Applications folder:

# cd /
    # cp -pr Applications /var/root

and then made a new 'Applications' folder using WinSCP (right-click > New > Directory) in both / (root) and /private/var/root (this gives an error, but never mind: after doing so, the Applications folder does suddenly show up nicely in the WinSCP GUI), and (re)created the symlink:

# ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications

Now all is working as expected. Hope this helps someone else with similar problems too.
    Last edited by WiFone; 2008-04-10 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-10 02:18 PM
    Same problem here.

1.1.4/BL4.6 OOTB, used iLiberty v1.3.0.113 for jailbreak, activation, downgrade BL to 3.9FB, and unlock BB 04.04.05_G.
    I have tried various options (Cydia / Installer & BSD subsystem).

I really don't think that I messed anything up, since it's a brand new phone and I have tried it a couple of times from a fresh restored 1.1.4. I rather think it must be a bug in iLiberty+

I guess I fixed it... it must have something to do with moving the Applications folder (to save space) with a symlink, but in a sloppy way, making the Applications folder invisible.

The trick that helped me is to redo the symlink (cf. http://www.iphonestalk.com/how-to-fi...y-iphone-apps/), and to (re)make the Applications folder using WinSCP itself.

Check: the original symlink does work 'half' in WinSCP when you click on it (and gives the error posted above), but it doesn't properly show up when you type

# cd /
    # ls -la

So I copied the Applications folder:

# cd /
    # cp -pr Applications /var/root

and then made a new 'Applications' folder using WinSCP (right-click > New > Directory) in both / (root) and /private/var/root (this gives an error, but never mind: after doing so, the Applications folder does suddenly show up nicely in the WinSCP GUI), and (re)created the symlink:

# ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications

Now all is working as expected. Hope this helps someone else with similar problems too.
    Can someone explain this a little more. I gave this a try but I was confused weather I should follow the instructions that were linked to or where I was supposed to start. Either way I gave it a try and failed .

Can someone please explain exactly what I am supposed to do step by step to fix the problem?
    2008-05-14 06:27 AM
    I'll explain again: some script attempted to move the Applications folder and create a symlink to it, but apparently didn't work 100% flawless.

So what I did was remove the symlink to the moved Applications folder and recreate it.

There are many different ways to do this, and there is no step by step solution of which I am confident to say that it will always work. In my case it took some fiddling around and testing the results before I was confident that I fixed my problem. My advise would be to do the same, and not to blindly follow any step by step instruction. Take my post more as a hint to look for this type of problem and solution/workaround. Try to learn from others as much as you can, but (preferaby) apply (only) your *own* knowledge and skills. And be prepared to learn from your *own* failures (and successes, of course!).
    2007 meets 1982: iPhone + akaRemote > (lotsa stuff >) > TB-303: Controlling the Bassline with the Accelerometer
    2008-05-14 12:04 PM
    I had the same problem as well. I would SSH into my ipod, go to the applications folder, and absolutely nothing would appear. I relocated my fonts and applications from Bosstool after the ILiberty jailbreak, and rebooted my Ipod. SSHd into my Ipod again, and everything (my applications) were there
    2008-05-19 11:35 PM
    to fix the problem go into
    /private/var/root and highlight library and media and then click on commands and tell it to clear caches and it will work
    2008-08-05 03:16 PM
    If your on 2.0 your apps are now located in var/stash/Applications
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-05 03:25 PM
    i cant do anything, i log in using winSCP and it says "Error listing direstory '/'."
    2008-08-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD