I was perfectly running a 1.1.4 jailbreaked iphone. I had jailbreaked using Ziphone. Yesterday, I tried to install 'orblive' from installer, but it didnt install the package. The icon was showing on the summer board but everytime I tapped it, the app quit. So I figured the app didnt install properly. I went to installer to uninstall it but the app wasnt showing there, it was still showing under install category. So I tried to SSH to manually remove the app, but due to the failed package installation, sometime went wrong with openSSH and a couple other apps. They just quit as soon as I launched them. So I couldnt SSH into my phone either.

I had read on MMI forums about iDemocracy3 and thought that it could help me out. So I downloaded iDemocracy3 but couldnt access the applications from there. It said that the phone is not jailbroken. So I tried to jailbreak the phone using iDemocracy3 and thats where the screw up happened I think. Now I am getting an error message which says

'Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to filers:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

dyld: Library not loaded: librarmfp.dylib
    Referenced from: /bin/sh
    Reason: image not found'

And this entire message is flashing on the phone really fast. Now iDemocracy3 and Ziphone, both are unable to read it. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. I love my iphone and dont want to switch to Nokia or SE.

Never mind.. Figured it out.. put it in DFU mode, didnt try that earlier.
    Last edited by abhaykhanna; 2008-05-18 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-18 03:37 PM
    installer.app had stopped working and so i tried to jailbreak again using Ziphone, now i just get scrolling text saying:
    Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

if you want to make modifications to files:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

dyld: Library not loaded: libarmfp.dylib
    Referenced from: /bin/sh
    Reason: image not found

i really dont know what to do, any help appreciated. im worried that my phone is broken.
    Thanks
    2008-05-18 10:37 PM
    i have the same problem
    please somebody help us
    2008-05-19 06:32 PM
    same thing happened to me minutes ago, and found this in another thread:
    by Jazz2k8
    "Let iTunes detect the iPhone, hold the top black button (sleep button) AND the home button together... let it reboot the iPhone... AS SOON AS the iPhone shows the apple logo, LET GO OFF THE SLEEP BUTTON but keep HOLDING the middle black HOME button... make sure you DO NOT let go off this button... then iTunes should detect it and say its in Recovery Mode... you need to restore it.. then hit that restore button and let it restore to 1.1.4 automatically / or manually choose the Firmware File from your pc / mac by hitting ALT & Click on restore button for MAC or SHIFT & Click for WINDOWS...

Remember to never let go of that HOME button... if you get 1015 error.. open Ziphone and Reboot in Normal mode... if the screen turns to BLUE then in iTunes perform another restore to 1.1.4 and you should be good"

thanks to that, i restored my iphone, lost all the data but at least the phone didnt die (my first tought)
    2008-05-19 10:12 PM
    that would immediately kill all your data.....

There is another way of booting your phone in recovery but a soft recovery... that will allow you to use ziphone...

first, switch off your phone completely, and disconnect your phone from the computer as well... Once it's switched off and it's disconnected from your computer, hold down HOME button... as you hold down, connect the iphone to the computer. after you connect your phone to the computer, REMAIN HOLDING the HOME button... until you see the apple logo comes up AND until computer detects it... then it will show the itunes and cable logo at the iphone screen...

do an unlock from there........ use iLiberty+... or Ziphone..... they work fine...

If it does not help at all, I'm afraid your phone is screwed up and you will have to restore your phone if DFU mode, which means all data will be lost (WELL UNLESS you backed up your files earlier in your itunes, that way you can get all details like sms and call lists back except the apps you installed. Sorry...)
    2008-05-19 11:22 PM
    first, switch off your phone completely, and disconnect your phone from the computer as well... Once it's switched off and it's disconnected from your computer, hold down HOME button... as you hold down, connect the iphone to the computer. after you connect your phone to the computer, REMAIN HOLDING the HOME button... until you see the apple logo comes up AND until computer detects it... then it will show the itunes and cable logo at the iphone screen...
    At what point do you turn on the iphone???

Once it's switched off and it's disconnected from your computer, hold down HOME button... and turn on the iphone?

Thanks.
    2008-06-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD