Hey guys after reading all the negative things about zIphone i decided to restore and unclock/jailbreak with iLiberty instead. However I am confused about how to do this. The first time my phone was unlocked with ZiPhone I did not do it and so I am not sure how to restore the phone to factory settings so that I can unlock/jailbreak with liberty. I did look for a guide on these forums but I couldn't find one so if anyone can explain or link me a guide I would be very happy. Thanks in advance!
    2008-06-11 01:39 AM
    Kaloyan, it honestly depends on what FW your iPhone had on it from out of the box. There are plenty of guides on here about jailbreaking/activating/unlocking. Honestly if your phone is working fine at the present time then there is no reason in messing wih it unless you just feel the urge. If ZiPhone hasn't caused your phone issues by now then it isn't suddenly going to happen out of nowhere. Or it shouldn't anyways. You stand more of a chance having issues with going through the process yourself without reading up on lots of information.

In short, do some reading and studying. If your phone is working fine at present time then no need to switch from ZiPhone to iLiberty+!
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?
    2008-06-11 09:30 AM
    If ZiPhone hasn't caused your phone issues by now then it isn't suddenly going to happen out of nowhere. Or it shouldn't anyways.
    lol I disagree.
    2008-06-11 01:58 PM
    Well I got my iphone in May of this year so I think it has 1.1.4 not sure though, but that is what I have on it right now . And yeh I have been trying to find information but it its all a little confusing... If you guys can link me some guides or explain the process that would help a lot. Thanks
    2008-06-11 06:56 PM
    2008-06-11 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    2008-06-11 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD