I used ZiPhone 3.0 on mac to Jailbreak (and just jailbreak) my phone. I did not unlock, or do anything, I am a valid AT&T customer. I want to use iLiberty+ for mac now, and I want to reverse all efffects of ZiPhone.

I got my phone with 1.1.3 Software on it (it was a replacement phone).

It it now 1.1.4...
    Does ZiPhone downgrade the bootloader or whatever if you're just jailbreaking, not unlocking? I thought all it did was Install the Installer.app
    So please, any help is greatly appreciated.
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

Screw the crAppStore I want Installer!
    2008-06-21 07:29 PM
    You can check and see what your bootloader info is (I know via installer through Mark's website among others). I don't think it messed with it if you just jailbroke it but check and see. If not just restore, set up as new and then jailbreak using iliberty.
    2008-06-21 07:47 PM
    Ok. I checked and I have 4.6 ... My serial number's 4 and 5 digits are 03... Does that mean... I'm okay to just restore and iLibertize? lol

Bump..

I searched the forum. But I was very confused by the thread on stock bootloaders. If my 4&5 digits are 03.. Should my bootloader be 4.6? I did get the phone this year(08$ with 1.1.3 firmware on it)
    Last edited by sweeneytodd; 2008-06-21 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

2008-06-21 10:42 PM
    Please proceed. Your bootloader is correct. But please remove jailbroken by ziphone!
    2008-06-21 11:15 PM
    Thanks so much. =Haha.. definetly will remove that. I wasn't aware of ZiPhone's damaging ways until it was nearly too late.

Heed the warnings everyone. Don't be fooled like I was. I'm glad I found this all out now. With ZiPhone, my phone is crashing, not turning on, staying in sleep mode... etc. Get out of that thing.

Thanks to everyone who helped and warned me!

iTunes won't let me do a restore. It keeps saying. iTunes cannot restore this iPhone. My phone is working fine itself.... but it can't restore..
    I don't want to sound like helpless... but PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by sweeneytodd; 2008-06-22 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

2008-06-22 12:59 AM
    Put it in DFU mode and restore; not restore mode. If you are not sure check the guides section and it's the first one listed. If that doesn't work pray and then try again.
    2008-06-22 05:39 AM
    It's fixed. Restarted computer... and just restored the phone without it being in restore mode. (As if it were going to be synced, but pressed Restore).

But DFU is not Restore?
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

2008-06-22 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD