I used Ziphone to unlock/jailbreak my iphone about 6 weeks ago. Today i was putting a new theme from summerboard on the phone and it jammed and wouldn't restart or anything. So i decided to just restore it. I restored it using Itunes but then it wasn't unlocked. So i used Ziphone again to unlock it and 1. Itunes doesnt detect the phone now and 2. everytime i turn it on it acts like its going through the jailbreaking process and its stuck at BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0.

I don't know my way around the iphone well enough to know what to do..any iphone saavy people out there have any ideas of how to get past this or is it a major loss??!?!
    2008-07-12 05:47 AM
    Try putting it in DFU mode, then Restore and use iLiberty+.

DFU Mode: Hold both the home and power/sleep buttons while the phone is plugged in. As soon as Windows (if that's your OS) makes the USB disconnect sound, let go of the power/sleep button and continue to hold the home button. Windows will make the USB Connect sound and iTunes should recognize it as an iPhone in Restore mode.
    Apples taste good.
    2008-07-12 05:53 AM
    I can probably get the iLiberty program you mentioned. but when i did the restore in Itunes it said it couldn't restore. Any suggestions?? It had restored it several hours ago but then when it restarted it started going through this continuous rebooting thing like i mentioned before
    2008-07-12 06:25 AM
    Did you Restore in DFU mode though?
    Apples taste good.
    2008-07-12 06:30 AM
    Yes. Now its sitting with the Apple on the screen and a little thing at the bottom spinning around like its waiting to do something but nothing happens.

Uknown error occured (1601). Thats what Itunes says.
    Last edited by oubrooke; 2008-07-12 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-12 06:41 AM
    Restart ur comp, then restore IN DFU MODE..
    Last edited by mkurasz; 2008-07-12 at 08:56 AM.
    2008-07-12 08:23 AM
    Attmpt restore a few times. Sometimes it just doesnt work.
    2008-07-14 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD