i'm totally new to this..and i'm freaking out. i have no phone and i've been trying to fix the problem....

so i'll try to make this long story short. i apparently tried to use the iLiberty i think its called..freaked out because it was taking long so i cancelled it. i think that might've messed up my phone. then all these words started scrolling through my phone after i disconnected it..i think it was bsp root: something....not too sure.. then after that i had to restore my phone. and my phone was already unlocked when i first got it to be a T-mobile carrier. So i restored my restored my phone which locked my phone so i tried to use Ziphone to unlock my phone again. Now all it's saying is...

Click a button to perform an action.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZiPhone 3.0 by Zibri
    ZiPhone's Blog

Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    i386
    Searching for iPhone...

that's exactly what is shown on the ziphone screen. so i don't know what to do..i'm trying to not freak out but i think i'm about to lose it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE somebody help me...i don't know what to do...

its a 4GB iphone. i've had it for almost a year already...and now that i try to hack into it and customize my phone to have something new..i screw it up. also i have the ziphone 3.0. i don't know if that makes a difference. but PLEASE someone help me. i'm desperate and about to cry!

THANKS!

[oh yah..the part with a bunch of "z"'s is supposed to spell out a "z"]
    2008-08-05 08:52 AM
    I would use the pwnage tool to completely restore, jailbreak and unlock your phone:

Windows guide:

WinPwn 2.0 Guide

Mac guide:

Pwnage 2.0 Guide - ModMyI - Wiki

Setup as a new phone not a restore from a backup then resync or your mail app will break

Ziphone smells of stolen poo.
    Last edited by zendj; 2008-08-05 at 04:29 PM.
    2008-08-05 04:24 PM
    That's not a problem with the Ziphone program, it simply can't find your phone. Is everything working properly after your screw up with iLiberty? (never abort a program in progress). Were you able to successfully place it in DFU mode?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-05 04:32 PM
    I was a bit hasty there with my stolen poo comment, but start as you mean to go on - use pwnage tool.
    2008-08-05 04:36 PM
    How about not commenting at all about something you know nothing about. You think backing up hearsay makes you cool?
    2008-08-05 04:42 PM
    That was rather harsh.

I know that every problem ive had with jailbreaking/unlocking has been down to Ziphone, It wasnt in this instance so I whole-heartly apologize to Zibri and all his fans.
    Last edited by zendj; 2008-08-05 at 05:10 PM.
    2008-08-05 04:51 PM
    I'm waiting for his answer and a little more info. Restoring should be a last resort, not the first. If he can fix the problem as to why the iPhone can't be found, then a second restore would not be required.

And harsh? Just because Ziphone didn't work for you like it did for many others, it needs to be insulted? I took out the unnecessary rhetoric, and you saw fit to put it back in. I have no tolerance for foolishness.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-08-05 at 05:10 PM.
    2008-08-05 05:06 PM
    I have no tolerance for hippocracy. Zibri doesnt need to be insulted for releasing a buggy version of the dev's work without them knowing, but I do for saying use something better.
    Last edited by zendj; 2008-08-05 at 05:40 PM.
    2008-08-05 05:33 PM
    hey...sorry..i'll definitely try those options. i live in hawaii..& i just woke up! but yah..i'll definitely try that today and let you know if it worked! thanks!
    2008-08-05 07:55 PM
    hey...sorry..i'll definitely try those options. i live in hawaii..& i just woke up! but yah..i'll definitely try that today and let you know if it worked! thanks!

Sorry for semi-hijacking your thread there racing.pretty hope you sort your iPhone out.

All the best
    2008-08-05 09:01 PM
    I have no tolerance for hippocracy. Zibri doesnt need to be insulted for releasing a buggy version of the dev's work without them knowing, but I do for saying use something better.
    First, you have no clue what went on between Zibri and the Dev Team, hence hearsay. Secondly, if you had simply said "Use Pwn" there wouldn't be an argument. But you had to throw in the subsequent childish remark. That we can do with out.
    2008-08-05 09:11 PM
    to use pwnage...do i need my sim card in my phone?? because i'm currently using another phone..and dont have my sim card in my iphone..
    2008-08-05 09:19 PM
    Yes, it's a good idea to have the SIM card in the phone during the activation process. Otherwise when you first connect it to iTunes, you'll get a message saying you have an incompatible SIM.
    2008-08-05 09:25 PM
    is there a lot that i have to download? because i've downloaded the ipsw..and now i'm downloading the bootloader...am i doing everything correctly?

THANKS GUYS!! i figured it out and my phone works perfectly..but now i want to upload some wallpapers and change my phone up a bit..do you think it would be ok? and what programs are easy and safe to upload..thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by racing.pretty; 2008-08-06 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-06 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD