Hey Folks,

Im positive after "Unlocking All" on the ziphone I cannot receive SMS & cannot hear any sound when someone picks up when I call them. I am able to hear when someone calls me but not when I call someone and they pick up, although I can hear the ringtone ring...

Here's a remedy to the sms... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=44 not sure what i should do.

Im on 1.1.3 firmware.

Let me know.
    -Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-23 at 11:20 PM.
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg
    2008-03-23 11:06 PM
    I have a question, I currently jailbreak my phone with Ziphone 2.6b. I want to restore to a clean 1.1.4. Do I have to use ZiPhone (Refurbish Button) or iTunes (Ctrl + Restore)?
    2008-03-24 03:18 PM
    So for the past month or so I've been contemplating updating my Iphone. It is at 1.1.2 currently. My problem is, I tried to use Ziphone but I can't even extract the file after I download it. I've downloaded the newest Zipone 2.6b as well. How do I get Ziphone to work for me properly, or at least extract so I have the option of updating it!

Thanks!
    2008-03-24 07:41 PM
    So for the past month or so I've been contemplating updating my Iphone. It is at 1.1.2 currently. My problem is, I tried to use Ziphone but I can't even extract the file after I download it. I've downloaded the newest Zipone 2.6b as well. How do I get Ziphone to work for me properly, or at least extract so I have the option of updating it!

Thanks!
    i don't know if it's just a problem with the exe file or what, but if you right click and extract with winrar, it extracts just fine.
    2008-03-25 04:27 AM
    Hey guys,

just updated my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 using itunes RESTORE and the Ziphone 2.6b programme.

Worked really well. Only hitch for me was making sure that my phone was into "restore" mode after updating to the 1.1.4 firmware.
    Make sure you hold the "HOME" button while you dock the iphone until you see a diff picture come on. Should be an itunes kinda symbol.

After sorted that, and twiddling my thumbs nervously for 4 mins it was all smooth sailing!

With the Ziphone file, it extracted and loaded into my C:/ directory no problem but no shortcuts etc appeared. Maybe this is the problem?
    2008-03-25 11:21 AM
    Hi guys, I had my Iphone 1.1.1 jailbroken and it was working fine, I wanted to get the phone updated to version 1.1.3 and then jailbreak and activate using ZiPhone 2.5
    I followed the suggestion to do a restore with Itunes from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and that is where I got stuck since the Iphone cannot be restore, it fails with unknown error when Itunes is checking the software in the phone. I'm using WXP and Itunes 7.5.

I have try to restore the phone in two different computers with no success.

Any suggestions?

After the failed restore, the phone its always in "restore mode."
    Last edited by regzgz; 2008-03-25 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Note:
    2008-03-25 09:20 PM
    FYI.

I am a current have AT&T with my iPhone. I used iPlus to upgrade to 1.1.4. It worked great, but it broke YouTube and Yahoo Mail. So, I decided to use Ziphone. I restore to clean 1.1.4 and click on Don't Unlock it button. Well, that still broke YouTube and Yahoo Mail. I try many hacks for YouTube, and it did not work. So, I restored to 1.1.4 via ZiPhone instructions. When the restore was done, I tried YouTube and Yahoo mail, and it was working. Then I use ZiPhone jailbreak button, and it did not break YouTube and Yahoo mail. Then, I followed the following instructions to fix the iphonebrowser problem (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47141).
    2008-03-25 10:51 PM
    Hi guys, I had my Iphone 1.1.1 jailbroken and it was working fine, I wanted to get the phone updated to version 1.1.3 and then jailbreak and activate using ZiPhone 2.5
    I followed the suggestion to do a restore with Itunes from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and that is where I got stuck since the Iphone cannot be restore, it fails with unknown error when Itunes is checking the software in the phone. I'm using WXP and Itunes 7.5.

I have try to restore the phone in two different computers with no success.

Any suggestions?

After the failed restore, the phone its always in "restore mode."
    I went ahead and after trying to restore with versions 1.1.2 1.1.3 to give 1.1.4 a shot, I must say that I downloaded from two different places to make sure the files were ok before trying 1.1.4.
    I got Itunes to work with firmware 1.1.4 and the restore went fine with no issues, using Ziphone 2.5 my phone is finally jailbroken and Activated. Only issues I'm having is that I cannot install BSD Subsystem and some other applications I was using before, any ideas why?
    2008-03-25 11:18 PM
    I went ahead and after trying to restore with versions 1.1.2 1.1.3 to give 1.1.4 a shot, I must say that I downloaded from two different places to make sure the files were ok before trying 1.1.4.
    I got Itunes to work with firmware 1.1.4 and the restore went fine with no issues, using Ziphone 2.5 my phone is finally jailbroken and Activated. Only issues I'm having is that I cannot install BSD Subsystem and some other applications I was using before, any ideas why?
    Having same issues installing BSD subsystem too. I thought it was just me, A little relieved. NOW someone fix it.
    2008-03-26 02:16 AM
    Having same issues installing BSD subsystem too. I thought it was just me, A little relieved. NOW someone fix it.
    Well, I went ahead and did a total restore and this time I used Ziphone 2.6b hopping that maybe this time I was going to be able to install applications, I was wrong; I still have the same problem..... Without BSD system there is not fun...
    2008-03-26 02:27 AM
    Hey I'm sure someone has already mentioned this but I have one gripe with Ziphone 2.6b. Everything went smoothly and I was getting apps without a problem but I couldn't make or receive calls. I could answer them but there wasn't any sound. I also noticed that when I held the phone up the screen would go black and then it would go back to the call screen.I restored my phone back to 1.1.4 without the installer.app and I noticed that it would still do this (go black when I held it up to my head) even though I could talk to and hear people. Is this a normal thing with iPhones or is something wrong?
    2008-03-27 04:22 AM
    Hey I'm sure someone has already mentioned this but I have one gripe with Ziphone 2.6b. Everything went smoothly and I was getting apps without a problem but I couldn't make or receive calls. I could answer them but there wasn't any sound. I also noticed that when I held the phone up the screen would go black and then it would go back to the call screen.I restored my phone back to 1.1.4 without the installer.app and I noticed that it would still do this (go black when I held it up to my head) even though I could talk to and hear people. Is this a normal thing with iPhones or is something wrong?
    It does this on all versions, its tricky like that
    2008-03-27 05:17 PM
    im still new to ziphone and havent used this program yet, since i want to try this which firmware can you recomend for me 1.1.1 to 1.1.3? or 1.1.4?

tnx
    2008-03-28 06:00 PM
    So I currently have a 1.1.3 OTB refurb 8GB iPhone. I "did it all" with ZiPhone and now I'm wondering how I update to 1.1.4?
    Do I have to do anything in ZiPhone or do I just go straight through iTunes and click update then just unlock it again?
    I'm pretty sure ziphone downgraded my BL to 3.9 if that helps at all.
    Should I just wait for pwn?
    2008-03-30 09:39 AM
    Once the download was successful.... i got an error...package download fail!
    2008-03-31 04:25 AM
    Well then!
    2008-03-31 07:42 AM
    I have an iphone that originally came with 1.1.1 and I downgraded to 1.0.2 and jailbreaked and unlocked with Independence and anysim. I am running an activated jailbroken unlocked iphone with 1.0.2 and 3.9 bootloader(my serial number shows a 39 as the fourth and fifth numbers) and a 04.02.13_G firmware. Can I upgrade to 1.1.4 and use Ziphone to jailbreak and unlock?
    2008-04-01 05:29 AM
    you betcha. Just make sure you use the latest version from ziphone.org. Or, if you run OSX, you can use the new pwnage tool.
    2008-04-05 05:44 AM
    Hello all. I'm a newbie at this but been reading alot on everything so take it easy. I bought an unlocked/jailbreak iphone used with Tmobile with 1.02 and a firmware of 03.14.08_G and was thinking of upgrading to the 1.14 finally. So, if I understand this correctly, update with itunes and just go through the Ziphone process and I should have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone? Also, will I loose all my info that is on the phone after the update(contacts, songs, movies, etc)? Thanks in advanced.
    2008-04-07 09:13 PM
    I upgrade to 1.1.4 with ziphone and everything seems to work well except customize and I can't change my themes on the springboard. How do I fix this?
    2008-04-07 10:48 PM
169 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD