Hello I hope someone can give me info regarding the problem I have. I successfully unlocked my iPhone running on 1.1.4 firmware using Ziphone. I have no problems using my Sim or Wifi connections, the phone just worked ok, but when I tried to use the installer apps that changed everything. I tried installing the SMSD(ver 0.2.1) apps well it installed ok, after that I restarted my phone to try using the app but nothing happens it just goes back to the home menu each time I try to open it, secondly after that when I try to install other apps I would always get the same error message "package download failed" I tried restarting my phone a couple of times but it still won't install anything. But the Wifi signal is great I could even still surf the web using the phone's Safari browser. I'm not sure if I did the right things or if I have to jailbreak my phone again, please help. Thanks
    2008-09-07 07:35 PM
    1.1.4 is losing its supports in everything. I suggest that you might want to upgrade it to the latest firmware....2.0.2
    2008-09-07 08:42 PM
    1.1.4 is losing its supports in everything. I suggest that you might want to upgrade it to the latest firmware....2.0.2
    Thanks for the info, will upgrading to 2.0.2 be safe? I mean, I read somewhere it's not safe because if you upgrade or something thru itunes Apple will lock your phone and render it useless. Is that true?
    2008-09-07 08:48 PM
    all the depends how well you read and follow instructions. One thing for sure, you can never brick your phone....you might get a migrane, but wont kill your phone...hihihihi.
    Read up...follow intructions well, and you'll be fine. Good Luck.
    2008-09-07 08:50 PM
    all the depends how well you read and follow instructions. One thing for sure, you can never brick your phone....you might get a migrane, but wont kill your phone...hihihihi.
    Read up...follow intructions well, and you'll be fine. Good Luck.
    ok i'll try to do that first, do a lot of reading before upgrading it.hehehe thanks again for the suggestion.
    2008-09-07 08:54 PM
    the forum is great...you should be able to find help using search. Have fun and good luck.
    2008-09-07 09:00 PM
    yes i'm really learning a lot here, and it's a great site for anything about iPhone and apple.

the forum is great...you should be able to find help using search. Have fun and good luck.
    I found a similar problem to mine from another thread exactly the same I guess I forget to reinstall my BSD subsystem I hope I can reinstall it.
    Last edited by macs_domain; 2008-09-07 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-07 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.