Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone could help me with this. I downloaded ziphone 2.5 and followed the instructions of restoring my iphone to 1.1.4 and then clicking the "Do it All" button on ziphone. Following all that, everything worked fine. I can make phone calls, receive them, send and receive texts, wifi and BT work great.. the only problem i'm having is that I have no edge internet. I've double and triple checked the settings and the settings (for t-mobile - internet2.voicestream.com) is right. It still returns the error of "Could not activate EDGE: You are not subscribed to EDGE" whenever I go to Safari and go to a website, try to update weather, check my email. All that works fine over wifi, just doesn't work over EDGE cause the phone isn't recognizing my EDGE settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    isilros
    Last edited by isilros; 2008-03-06 at 04:19 AM.
    2008-03-06 04:00 AM
    I'm trying to get this very question on my thread answered for over 2 days now! But I'll try to be helpful unlike the rest of these people lol. From my understanding, only up to version 1.1.3 the tmobile t-zones edge hack works. 1.1.4 currently does not support edge which is the only reason I'm waiting to upgrade my iphone. Hope that helps.
    2008-03-06 04:45 AM
    1.1.4 doesnt support EDGE? Thats ridiculous mate.

See I'm having a similar problem but its weird. My symbol next to my carrier is just a square, without an E inside it. When WiFi is turned off, my internet and mail works fine, yet YouTube does not? It says I need an EDGE or WiFi connection.

Very strange!
    2008-03-06 12:08 PM
    1.1.4 doesnt support EDGE? Thats ridiculous mate.

See I'm having a similar problem but its weird. My symbol next to my carrier is just a square, without an E inside it. When WiFi is turned off, my internet and mail works fine, yet YouTube does not? It says I need an EDGE or WiFi connection.

Very strange!
    It supports edge but the hack for tmobile tzones in order for edge to work on the iphone does not work from my understanding.
    2008-03-06 03:20 PM
    I had the same problem
    - Put your phone in DFU mode with ziphone
    - restore again with itunes.
    - run ziphone again

It should work then
    2008-03-09 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD