Hi everyone,
    i've a v1.1.2 otb iphone, unlocked via ziphone, messed up via ziphone2.6b.. no bluetooth, no wifi, bad imei were only the begining..
    now i cant restore it..1604 and 1603 error,, have no idea what to do....dont know if warranty is styll there, i m with tmobile not with at&t .. so if anyone out there could advise me with any suggestions,, ill try it....ill test any method you guyz suggest me..
    thanx
    cellphoneman wid [email protected]#$ed up iphone

Also it doesn't go beyond the recovery screen with the "connect to itunes" logo
    Last edited by cellphoneman; 2008-03-29 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info
    2008-03-29 05:59 PM
    Good Ol' ZiPhone.

It messed up my iPhone also. It wont upgrade...it wont downgrade.

I get the same (1603) error, but lucky for me I can restore using iTunes to the same firmware I had before and enable my phone again.

I will never use ZiPhone again.

And yes, I only have one post...but I have been lurking on these forums since before the domain name change. So I am not just a troll and knocking ZiPhone for no reason.

UPDATE

I feel somewhat stupid. After doing some research I found out my iTunes was old and upgraded to the newest version and my upgrade went flawless.

As for jailbreaking...I used iLibertyx and it worked SO well.
    Last edited by ChubbyBear; 2008-03-30 at 04:31 AM.
    2008-03-30 03:39 AM
    error 1603.1604 is a itunes problem..simply uninstall it and reinstall.vista users might need to registry clean
    2008-03-30 03:55 AM
    I tried it in two different computers... same error. for most of the time it says preparing iphone for restore.. and then waiting for iphone and thats all.. but whn it goes beyond that the error shows up.. anyone please give me any kinda information you got.. ill give it a try..

Cellphonema
    2008-03-30 05:34 AM
    i know you said ziphone messed up your phone but why dont u try ziphone refurbish it fixed all my problems in the past. dont worry about the whole bootloader downgrade thing because ipwn will be able to flash it back to 4.6 in seconds.
    2008-03-30 06:30 AM
    use itunes 7.5.... 1603 as posted earlier is an itunes error... just confirming what was stated thats all ZiPhone works great for all the phone i have jailbroke and unlocked havnt had a problem yet...

It Is What It Is...
    2008-03-30 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.